The School of Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) at Kyungpook National University (KNU) in South Korea invites applications for a tenure-track faculty appointment at all levels (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor), to begin on September 1, 2018. KNU, one of the leading universities of South Korea, and top-level university among the national universities of Korea, has about 1,200 full-time faculties, 22,000 undergraduate students and 7,000 graduate students. MSE at KNU is located in Daegu, one of the metropolitan cities in the southeast area of South Korea with a population of 2.5 million.
At present, the school has 15 tenure-tracked faculty members, 4 staff, approximately 400 undergraduate students and 50 graduate students. The school has active research groups on electronic materials, inorganic semiconductors, ceramics, nanomaterials, energy materials, and metallic materials. The details can be found at http://emse.knu.ac.kr
Applications and all inquiries should be emailed to Prof. Joon-Hyung Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Apr 30, 2018.
Applicants are expected to have a strong academic record including a Ph.D. Eligible candidates should meet the following qualifications.
(1) He/she should have non-Korean nationality and obtain a Ph.D. outside Korea.
(2) Successful candidates should possess an outstanding potential to establish an independent research program and mentor graduate students.
(3) Successful candidates should have a commitment to teaching under-graduate and graduate courses in English.
(4) We are seeking candidates who can either open a new research area in the school or strengthen the current research activities of the school. We strongly encourage outstanding candidates from the subfields of ‘Electronic materials’ or ‘Simulations’.
(1) Salary (basic salary + α): Basic salary depends on the career of the applicant, respecting the regulations of the university, and is non-negotiable. The minimum starting basic salary is ~60m KRW per year (about 55,000 USD/year when the current exchange rate, 1 USD ~ 1,100 KRW, is applied).
(2) Other benefits as a regular faculty member, which include medical insurance and pension, etc.
(3) A faculty apartment in campus could be provided.
(4) Starting research fund will be provided.
(1) Curriculum vitae (the form A-2, in MS word file attached)
(2) Publication list (the form A-3, in MS word file attached)
(3) Scanned or electronic copy of degree certificates and trans for undergraduate and graduate courses
(4) List of 3 references with contact information (the form A-4, in MS word file attached). We will contact them for the reference letters directly when needed.
(5) Statements of research plan and education (free-form)
(6) Statement of the one publication representing career achievement which is described in the form A-3 (1 or 2 pages, free-form)
- Please read the instructions at the end of the forms before you fill the applications.
(7) Others (copies of Ph.D. thesis, career certificates, and publications, etc.) may be required for the selected candidates.